Our Business Package product has significantly changed since it launched in 2013. Last year we increased quotability by expanding the trade footprint by 70% and reduced compulsory sections to allow greater flexibility.
We’ve been busy so far this year making further changes to Business Package which we believe will make it even easier for our brokers to trade the product.
Let’s take a look at the main changes:
- Minimum premium reduced from £475 (+IPT) to £350 (+IPT)
- Increased maximum PL Limit of Indemnity from £5m to £10m
- Increased Goods in Transit vehicle limit from £15,000 to £50,000 per vehicle
- Increased auto acceptability by removing referrals & declines for terrorism, stock and security
- North American cover added under Products Liability section
Our Business Package product is suitable for UK based businesses across a variety of industries including retail, leisure, services, transport, warehousing, manufacturing and wholesaling.
However, with over 1,000 auto rated trades accepted online without referral our Business Package product can meet the needs of businesses across an even wider range of industries.
For more information about your refreshed Business Package eProduct:
- View our Sales Aid with updated product features
- Visit our Business Package eProduct page
- Contact our eTrading Underwriting Centre however you prefer (phone, email, web chat) if you have any questions.
Investment in our people
Not only are we investing in our products, we’re also investing in our people. NIG’s eTrading Centre in Peterborough has become the first branch of the business to undertake office wide people training.
The recent training programme was tailored specifically for the eTrade Operations team in Peterborough with the aim of having better, more informed conversations with our brokers so that dealing with NIG is as effortless as possible.
Over 1,000 hours have been invested into our underwriters in Peterborough including regular coaching sessions that will allow them to improve their call handling.
Dan Burton, Director of Broker eTrading, said:“We’re constantly looking for new ways in which we can improve our eTrade proposition. From increased limits for our Business Package product, through to developments on TheHub and our WebChat facility, we’re always looking for ways to make it easier for brokers to trade with us.”
“However, improving our proposition is just one part of making ourselves effortless to trade with. This is why I’m a keen supporter of investing in the personal development of our staff. I’m sure that the recent training our eTrade Operations team have undertaken will improve their interactions with customers thereby making trading with NIG even more effortless to trade with.”