Our Shop policy is designed to cater for your customers’
retail premises; from modern retail parks to traditional
high street shops.
Why choose NIG for Shop?
- Introductory no claims discount available at new business.
- No claims discount available at renewal.
- Option to insure hair and beauty treatments (the limit of indemnity will be the same as the public liability indemnity limit selected).
- Standard excess of £200 for contents and buildings with £100 or £500 options available. (NB the minimum excess for escape of water is £500).
- Multiple premises discounts available (can cover up to 10 premises on one policy).
- Engineering breakdown automatically included covering retail equipment, bar code scanners, credit card payment systems, cash registers, telephone and computer equipment. Boilers, lifts, alarms and air conditioning units covered if buildings insured. Provides up to £15,000 for frozen or chilled foods and up to £5,000 for other perishable goods.
- Option to add accidental damage to buildings contents.
- Option to add legal expenses up to £100,000.
- The contents section is extended to include loss of or duplication of keys up to £25,000.
- The contents section is extended to include a 30% seasonal increase during November, December and 15 days before and after Bank Holidays (other than those Bank Holidays in December).
- The buildings section is extended to cover fire brigade and rescue services damage to gardens up to £25,000.
- Advice lines for health and medical assistance, emergency assistance, glazing, legal advice and counselling.
The amount in brackets denotes the standard limit provided.
|Public liability||£10,000,000 (£2,000,000)|
|Business interruption||£2,000,000 (£500,000)|
|Policy extension – equipment breakdown||£5,000,000 per accident|
|Goods in transit||£15,000 (£2,000)|
|Personal accident (assault)||Capital benefits £10,000|
|Specified all risks||£10,000 per location|
|Loss of licence||£250,000|
|Personal accident||Capital benefits £50,000|
|Hair and beauty treatment||Indemnity limit equals the limit of indemnity selected for public liability|
|Commercial legal expenses||£100,000|
This is a summary of the cover available. Please refer to the policy booklet for full terms and conditions.
- PowerPlace Micro
- PowerPlace SME
The following policy documents apply to policies incepted on or after 11 July 2021 or renewals processed on or after 11 July 2021.
The following policy documents apply to policies incepted or renewed on or after 09 October 2019.