VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
We use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. We do this in order to provide you with the best possible online service. This technology is called cookies which we store on your device.
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, if you give us any personal information about yourself or others we promise to treat it securely, fairly and lawfully. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
We will not use any information gathered through cookies on this site to identify you as an individual. If you do provide us with any personal information through our website, we will be up front about how this will be used. We will make it clear when we collect your personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and it stays on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. Cookies do not damage your device they are merely used to ‘remember’ you when you visit again. Cookies alone cannot be used to identify you.
A cookie will transport information about how you use our website to us. The cookie itself does not keep any of the data it collects.
- make our websites work
- improve the efficiency of our website
- provide effective security when you are buying our products
- help us to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly
- learn from our website visitors and give the best customer experience we possibly can
- track the effectiveness of our online marketing activity
- collect statistical information to assist us and our partners to learn how customers use our and their products
Some benefits to you:
- the ability to view pages that are more relevant to you
- you are not asked repeatedly the same questions; for example to complete a survey
- you are presented with advertising that is relevant to what you are looking for at the time
- some cookies are stored on your browser for a certain length of time
- some cases you may be presented with advertising that is relevant to what ever you are looking for at the time, which can be viewed as limiting your choice
- some cookies may be used to track your viewing behaviour when you visit our website
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
The following table lists the types of cookies that we use on our site
|Category||Description||Cookies we use|
|Strictly necessary||These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.||‘Session ID’ cookie to maintain a user’s session and allow data to be passed between different online forms, this cookie exists only for the duration of the user’s session.|
|Performance cookies||These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works or the effectiveness of a marketing campaign.||Analytics cookies are used for website analysis and a testing platform to monitor and optimise the website. Cookies capture anonymous data about a user’s journey and aggregate this data to analyse trends. These cookies last longer than the user’s session so that we can understand whether a user us a first time, or a returning visitor.|
WHAT DO COOKIES MEAN FOR YOU?
When you decide to get a quotation or buy on line we will use necessary cookies for your security and to provide you with a policy.
|Browser||Where to find information about controlling cookies|
Other resources that provide further information on cookies which may be of help:
DLG is not responsible for the content of external websites.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Mini Fleet is designed for fleets with 2 to 15 vehicles and provides cover for private cars and commercial vehicles up to 4 tonnes,...
We have over 125 years’ experience in underwriting commercial risks. Commercial Combined offers business protection for single site...