Weather Warning: Storm Doris arrives in UK

Storm Doris has arrived in the UK and unleashed winds of over 90mph, snow blizzards, heavy rain, and most importantly the potential to cause havoc for properties and small businesses across Britain.

If one of your clients needs to make a claim then please call the claims team on:

Areas: North, North West & Scotland – Property Claims: 0345 246 5602 

Area: Midlands – Property Claims: 0345 246 5603

Area: Gloucester (Farmweb) – Property Claims: 01452 899 778

Areas: London, Bristol, Maidstone & Watford – Property Claims: 0345 300 4647 or 0345 300 4648

Phone lines may be busy but please be assured we’re doing our best to answer all our calls and process claims as quickly as possible.

Please be aware that our claims department business hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. All queries after 5pm on Friday will be answered the following Monday from 9am onwards.

However for emergencies you can still ring us on 01732 520270 and follow the out-of-hours instructions.

If your client’s property or premises is affected by flood or storms:

• It’s important to contact us as soon as possible for guidance regarding your client’s claim.
• Where possible ask your client/s to take photographs of the damage to their building/s and also any contents which are damaged as this may help with the settlement of the claim. 
• Your client should not throw anything away unless this has been agreed with a claims advisor. Damaged items will need to be assessed so discarding any items could delay their claim.
• Make sure that you have your client’s policy number to hand when you make the call so that the claims team can verify their details without any delay.

What happens next?

• Once you have called the claims team you will be expected to answer a set of questions and once their policy cover is validated, we can then start to process their claim.
• We will need details of any damage caused so that we can assess how to process the claim as quickly as possible.
• Depending on the extent of the damage we may send a Loss Adjuster to their property, who can advise on steps that need to be taken to get their property repaired and their business back up and running.
• Ask your client to send you any photographs of the damage along with their receipts and estimates they have collected.

If your client is living abroad and have a property in the UK then they can add a disclosee to their policy. A disclosee is somebody they know and who agrees to help them manage the policy on their behalf. If they have included a disclosee on their policy then make sure they have all the details to hand so that we can process the claim as swiftly as possible.

Important numbers for your client

  • Gas problems
    To report a gas leak you can contact the National Grid online or call 0800 111 999
  • Electrical issues
    To report an electrical hazard or if there are problems with overhead electricity lines contact your local electricity company
  • Sewage
    To report an overflowing drain or for sewage problems contact your council 
  • Met Office
    To keep an eye on the weather with updates from the Met office
  • Highways Agency
    If you have plans to travel over the next few days then make sure you check the Highways Agency for all the most up-to-date travel information