At NIG we’re always listening to the needs of our brokers to understand how we can further improve our products.
We’ve used broker feedback to make changes to our Mini Fleet eProduct, thereby ensuring that we remain competitive in the fleet risk market.
Let’s take a look at some of the main changes:
We’ve increased the number of private cars and commercial vehicles you can cover at new business to 15 with flexibility to cover fleets of up to 20 vehicles at mid term or renewal.
We’ve also increased the value limit for cars and vans to £60,000 and £40,000 respectively.
The driving options for Mini Fleet have been expanded to now include Any Driver Over 21 for cases that were previously fleet rated.
We will still quote Any Driver Over 25 for NCD rated risks, where we continue to accept up to 4 named drivers aged 21 – 24 years old.
Our optional Green Flag Breakdown cover (underwritten by U K Insurance Limited) has been refreshed to cover even more incidents, including wrong fuel cover.
Finally there have been a number of quote journey improvements to our award winning extranet TheHub* to reduce referrals and improve quotability.
Here are some of the other benefits of trading Mini Fleet with NIG:
- Straightforward online quotes, mid term adjustments and renewals
- Over 2,000 trades accepted online without referral. Click here to see our preferred trades
- 30 days EU foreign use as standard
- UK based claims handlers
- Motor Insurance Database (MID) updated on behalf of the policyholder
- We replace vehicles under a year old if damaged to over 60% of their value
- Optional UK or European Green Flag breakdown cover (underwritten by U K Insurance Limited)
You can find more information about NIG’s Mini Fleet product, including Key Facts, Sales Aid and Policy Wording, on our website here.
For more information regarding how to trade Mini Fleet via TheHub or Acturis please take a look at the two ‘User Guide for NIG Mini Fleet’ documents attached below:
Click Here to Download the NIG Mini Fleet guide for TheHub
Click Here to Download the NIG Mini Fleet guide for Acturis
NIG. Here’s Why…
As well as having enhanced our Mini Fleet product, here are some key reasons to trade with NIG:
- Established – we have more than 120 years of commercial underwriting expertise.
- Focus – we’re 100% focused on brokers, and trade all of our products exclusively through UK brokers
- Size and scale – as part of the Direct Line Group we have the strength, security, and scale of a FTSE 100 company behind us.
- Comprehensive – our extensive range of products cater for businesses large and small.
- Competitive – our one-quote-to-market principle provides a real edge for brokers.
- Financial support – we can provide in-house surveying and risk management funding
- UK-wide – we have eight regional offices across the UK, combining regional coverage with local expertise.
*TheHub was voted the Number 1 eTrade platform in both the 2015 and 2016 Insurance Times E-trading Broker Insight Survey