Our ambition is clear: to be the brokers’ choice as commercial insurer to UK enterprises. So we want to make dealing with us as easy and straightforward as ‘a walk in the park’. A recent survey by Insurance Times revealed that 75% of brokers rate service levels in the top five of what’s important in their relationship with an insurer.
We’ve always known service is key – along with price, a wide and exclusive product range, and underwriting expertise. Never wanting to stand still, we’ve been talking to our brokers and delving deeper, to see what we could do to improve the service we provide and the way we deliver it.
Putting the effort into effortless
‘A walk in the park’ sums up how we think insurance should be – effortless – and here’s how we’re shaping our business around brokers.
- Clear communication – so you get through to the right person quickly, by email, Live Chat or phone.
- Straightforward claims handling – dedicated claims managers to deal with your clients’ claims quickly and fairly.
- Flexible trading – a helpful, attentive and responsive service geared around your needs wherever you operate.
- Effortless eTrading – always improving our eTrading platforms, products and resources to offer better value.
- National coverage, local expertise – continually enhancing our service across eight regional offices, to simplify and speed up decision-making.
- Relationship focused – to build relationships and help you grow your book. That means matching your appetite for business and making your life easier.
Our commitment to making trading as effortless as possible for brokers, hasn’t only meant improving the service we offer. It’s also meant expanding our team, with more high-calibre, front-line underwriters, and creating a development programme to increase their knowledge and ability to make decisions.
As Steve Scott, Director of Broker Markets at NIG Commercial, puts it, “It hasn’t taken the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) to highlight the importance of developing our colleagues. Investing in our people has always been core to the service we deliver. We believe in training and empowering our managers and their teams and we invest heavily in continuous improvement initiatives. This is all with one goal in mind – to remove friction and make it both easier and better value for our brokers.
You can trade with us in the way that best suits your needs:
- Regional branches – for brokers who value trading relationships and a local market presence.
- eTrade platforms – for brokers who like to trade online.
- National Schemes Centre – an experienced, specialist team to handle bespoke scheme requirements.
- Real Estate Centre of Excellence – a specialist service for real estate brokers.
- National Trading Centre – a centralised operation for brokers with multiple branches requiring a consistent service.
To find out more, visit https://nig.com/effortless
Follow NIG on LinkedIn