Liability claims and Motor: raising the bar – hire and higher
30 October 2019
Estimated Read Time: 2 minutes
At NIG, we’re always looking for ways to make life easier and more effortless for brokers and their customers. That’s why we’re launching NIG’s Non-Fault Hire proposition.What this means for your customers
Put simply, it provides a simple and straightforward way to keep customers and their businesses moving if they’re in an accident and it’s not their fault:
- A similar vehicle to their own for the duration of the repair or total loss claim.
- A wide variety of commercial vehicles from our hire providers.
- Delivery and collection of hire vehicles to and from customers.
- No need for customers to arrange hire themselves or recover from third-party insurers.
- An online portal to track the repair and hire vehicles (subject to availability).
Here’s how it works:
- Customer begins the claims process
- NIG assesses the claim details
- Once we establish the customer is not at fault and have enough details of the at-fault party, we refer them to one of our suppliers to provide a replacement vehicle.
- Supplier delivers and collects the hire vehicle during the repair, or a customer receives a total loss payment.
If you have any questions about NIG’s Non-Fault Hire, your Claims Account Manager will be happy to help.
Online notifications for Liability claims
Following the successful launch of online submissions for Motor and Property claims in August, you can now report a range of Liability claims online. These include:
- Public Liability Third-Party Property Damage
- Public Liability injury
- Employers Liability injury
What this means for you
Thanks to the intelligent question sets, it means you can log straightforward claims and upload documents online – all in as little as three minutes. And even the most complicated claims should only take around 10 minutes to submit.
You can log claims from any desktop or mobile device. And if you get interrupted part-way through, no problem. You’ll receive a link by email or text, which you can use to pick up where you left off.Here’s how it works:
- Visit https://nig.com/claims
- Log your Liability claim online
- Submit it
- We’ll contact you within 48 hours
Once we’ve received your submission, we’ll start contacting suppliers to get the claim moving as quickly as possible.
What you’ll need to submit a claim
Before you log your online claim, have the following handy:
- Policy number
- Contact details
- Incident details (including what happened, when, and where)
- Details of any damage
Meanwhile, if you have any questions about Liability claims, your Claims Account Manager will be happy to help.