We’re replacing the legacy systems used for writing our regionally traded products and introducing a new system into our regional offices. In doing so we’ll be improving the efficiency of our processes, moving from proposal form to Statement of Fact and providing instant documentation; which will also be available in our document library on TheHub.
Motor Trade One is the first product to launch on the new system. We have many years’ experience in underwriting motor trade risks and we understand the needs of our motor trade customers. Motor Trade One is designed for professional motor traders operating from business premises. Our new policy brings two policies into one so that all cover is conveniently under one policy wording and offers increased limits and enhancements.
What does this mean for you?
- Instant documentation – Motor Trade One policies incepted from 10 December 2018 will be in PDF format and they’ll be emailed immediately to you by the underwriter. In addition, the new business policy documents will also be stored on TheHub. We’ve also improved the layout and format of our documents.
- Motor Trade One documents stored on TheHub – Over the next two years, all of our regionally traded products are scheduled to move on to the new system which means that once completed, all documentation will be stored on TheHub. You can easily access your Motor Trade One documents by logging into TheHub with your broker log-on instead of per agency via eDocs. For more details about how to log into TheHub click here. In the meantime, you’ll continue to access the majority of client documentation via eDocs.
- Simplified left-hand navigation on TheHub – Watch out for some aesthetic changes on TheHub too. From 10 December 2018, products will be listed in categories in the left-hand navigation menu.
- ONE policy document including Premises and Road Risks.
- Improved policy cover – We’ve enhanced our policy limits and included more cover as standard. For example, our motor vehicle lock replacement limit has increased from £1,000 to £50,000 and we now provide exhibition cover as standard.
- Statement of Fact basis – A proposal form is no longer needed. The Statement of Fact will be pre-populated with information already supplied to us along with assumptions that the client can confirm.
- At renewal the declaration form will be pre-filled values based on expiring cover, saving you time and making it easier to update with your client.
- More concise commission breakdown per transaction will be available to help you reconcile your accounts.
Heather Heale, Head of Commercial Motor and Technical Underwriting, explains: “By listening to our brokers and their customers’ needs, we’ve developed and expanded our product offering, to offer even greater cover options. We’ve also enhanced our service proposition with instant documentation and we’ve improved the look and feel of our documents.”
When can you expect Motor Trade One in your region?
The new product will be available in your region for new business from the following dates:
10 December 2018 – Maidstone, Manchester
17 December 2018 – London and Watford
7 January 2019 – Bristol and Birmingham
14 January 2019 – Leeds, Glasgow and National Trading Centre
Want to find out more about Motor Trade One?
Visit the Motor Trade One product page to see all the benefits, features and exclusions. Alternatively contact your Senior Business Development Manager or Regional Manager at your local office. And continue to watch this space – there’s lots more to come!