Insurance Times Broker Service Survey 2020/2021
25 September 2020
The Insurance Times Broker Service Survey allows you to have your say about the service you've received from your personal lines and commercial lines insurance partners during the year.
At NIG we look forward to the Insurance Times Survey, we see it as another indicator for how we're doing in our efforts to provide the very best service to you and your clients.
Have your say
We invite you to take part in the survey which is open now to all UK brokers. To share your views, click on the link here. It takes about 10 minutes and you’ll be entered into the Insurance Times Broker Service Survey draw to win £250 in John Lewis vouchers.
You'll be asked to rate insurers in five key categories:
- Overall relationship management
- Overall underwriting experience
- Overall policy documentation
- Overall quality of cover
- Overall claims experience
You'll see all the findings and reaction to the results in the December 2020 Insurance Times issue, in a special broker service supplement and on the Insurance Times Star ratings section.
We’ve been working hard in these extraordinary times to ensure you and your clients receive the service you need. We responded swiftly, deploying home working quickly across our business so that trading operations could continue smoothly. During lockdown we also kept you well-informed, providing clarity around cover and supplying a list of answers to your most frequently asked questions.
We are continually listening to you and looking for ways to be even easier to trade with, whilst offering products and propositions to meet the needs of you and your clients.
Recent enhancements to our offering include:
- NIG Risk Assist - our new Risk Management portal offering a comprehensive range of online tools to help manage and reduce risks in your clients’ business 24/7. This includes Health & Safety assessments, a virtual HR department, business continuity guidance, e-Learning and Ask the Expert service. As companies look to reopen, the timely and comprehensive information on the Risk Assist COVID-19 Hub is proving invaluable.
- Claims – since the last survey we’ve launched the following claims initiatives:
- If a policyholder is in a motor accident that’s not their fault they can make use of our Non-fault Hire proposition.
- For motor total loss claims our handlers use a Damage Evaluation Calculator to speed up the settlement process.
- #followNIGClaims is focused on providing timely information and updates on claims matters directly to broker contacts. To find out more and to be added to the distribution list please speak to your Claims Account Manager.
- We would like to remind you about online claims notifications. Claims can be submitted 24/7 via our digital platform on nig.com/claims and from day one clients can upload evidence such as photographs, dash cam footage and documentation to save time. When further information is required, an additional link can be sent. We can also settle by bank transfer to speed up the payment process.
- Commercial Combined product suite – We’ve launched eight new products on our new system for producing quotes and documents for regionally traded products. In doing so we’re improving the efficiency of our processes, moving from proposal form to Statement of Fact and providing instant documentation; which is much clearer and available in our document library on TheHub. We’ve increased our policy limits and included more cover as standard to enhance business protection.
- Our continuous improvement approach in eTrade to product performance and our commitment to supporting you has been recognized in the market – we are the only insurer to be voted 5 stars for TheHub and Software Houses for two years running by Insurance Times.
- We’ve enhanced our Property Owners eProduct for residential with increased limits, bulk uploads of properties and reduced referrals. This helps make the trading process more efficient, less time-consuming and improves the speed of response to clients, therefore enhancing client conversion rates.
We really value the findings from the survey and take your views into consideration as we shape and improve our products and services.
Thanks in advance for your feedback. You’ve got until 1st November 2020 to have your say.